Friday, March 16, 2007

Shaggy Blog Stories Is Go


shaggyblogstories
Originally uploaded by jamesandthebluecat.
Troubled Diva and chums have put together the Shaggy Blog Stories book with forty five minutes to spare, which would seem to be very good going indeed - and with this great cover by Lucy Pepper. Hurrahs and Jolly Goods all round - I can't believe how quickly this was put together. Lulu.com have very generously agreed to donate their share of the profits to Comic Relief. I can't type any more, I AM WELLING UP.

Go here to order the book (£8.96 in stout english pounds, don't be confused by the dollar price), and then tell your mates to order the book as well.

PS: I am in it (entry no. 74) and Patroclus is in it as well (entry no. 47), along with ninety eight other also-rans*. I am arguing that the later pieces are weightier and more substantial, making her the garlic bread to my steak tartare, but I'm not sure she entirely agrees with me. Or was listening.


*Not rolio.



|

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow they've done it. Will start clicking to purchase a copy right now.

(wonders who rolio is?)

Valerie said...

I'm still delighted at the concept of on-demand publishing for a charity demand. It 'fits'. It should also be a fun read. At worst, with nice short clips, it'll be well suited for loo reading...

James Henry said...

Imo: a 'rolio' is a chocolate, and for some reason I used to say 'not rolio' instead of 'not really'. I don't know why.

Valerie: yes, it's all rather impressive, isn't it? I will be ordering my copy later today...

Anonymous said...

Is a "rolio" a knock-off of a Rolo, or just the Cornish pronounciation?

James Henry said...

Sorry, yes, It's a Rolo.

'You can have my last one!' we would say in the playground, genrously holding out the packet with one Rolo left in it. Then, as the trusting innocent fool reached for it...

'Not Rolio!' and we would snatch the packet away.

Children are horrible.

Anonymous said...

Its a very nice shiny book. I rushed to read yours and Patroclus' pages (late for work - again), but the others also look promising.